Job Interview Questions that Help You Make Exceptional Hires
March 7, 2019
When it comes to hiring new staff, we want to make sure we find exceptional people that compliment our club’s service team. This is hard to do with mundane questions that have been asked a hundred times in a hundred job interviews.
Here are 10 of Jim Hope’s suggested questions to incorporate into your interview process:
1. If you had a chance to read a book or watch a movie which would you do? Favorite book or
2. What was the last person who you are not related that you gave a gift to”?
3. “What is the greatest misconception the world has about you, and what are you doing to correct
4. “When was the last time (in a bank, restaurant or retail store for instance) that you felt like
someone went “above and beyond their job description, to make you want to rave to your
friends and family about the experience”?
5. “When was the last time you went “above and beyond” yourself, to make a guest feel so special
that they would have raved about it to friends and family”.
6. “Do you have any siblings, and if so, name me three things that they are better at than you, and
three things that you are better at that your sibling”.
7. What is your passion? If you never had to work again what would you do?
8. What would worry you the most about taking the job here?
9. If you were a superhero what would your superpower be?
10. Who inspires you and why?
Asking questions like these in the interview process will give you greater insight into the depth of your candidates and how they’ll fit into your team.
Do you have a question to add to this list? Please share it in the comments below.